Venues

Museo Arqueológico Nacional (MAN)

The National Archaeological Museum is a public institution. Its mission is to offer the general public an accurate, attractive, interesting and critical interpretation of the objects that belonged to the different cultures which populated the Iberian Peninsula and the Mediterranean region, ranging from Antiquity to more recent periods, in the firm belief that a knowledge of this history can shed light on society as we know it today. It was designed to be the country's first archaeological museum, both cause and consequence of the importance of its collections and their chronological and geographic variety. Given these characteristics, the assets in its care are an invaluable source of knowledge about the peoples and cultures that have existed on the Iberian Peninsula and in the larger context of Europe and the Mediterranean, from prehistory to the 19th century.

Museum of Pontevedra

The Museum of Pontevedra was established by the Provincial Council of Pontevedra on 30 December 1927. It is a non-profit public institution that aims to serve society and its development. Its goal is to preserve, exhibit, research and promote a wide collection of archaeological, artistic, historical and ethnographical objects, in addition to putting on temporary exhibitions including pieces on loan, contributing to the artistic and cultural development of the province and being involved in relevant activities on a national and international level. It takes on research projects focused mostly on its collection, but also on the history of the city, the province and Galicia. Furthermore, it collaborates on other research programmes and with different institutions. The Museum of Pontevedra is made up of six buildings: The Ruins of Santo Domingo Church, The Fernández López building, The Castro Monteagudo building, The García Flórez building, The Sarmiento building and The Sixth building.

  • Web page: http://www.museo.depo.gal/
  • Address: Sexto Edificio, calle Padre Amoedo Carballo, 3, 36002 Pontevedra
  • Phone: +34 986 804 100
  • E-mail: secretaria.museo@depo.es
  • Exposure duration: 4 October 2019–2 February 2020
  • Opening hours: Tuesday to Saturday: 10.00–21.00
    Sunday and bank holidays: 11.00–14.00
    Monday: closed
    24, 25 & 31 December and 1 & 6 January: closed
  • Free admission

Prehistory Museum of Valencia

The Prehistoric Research Service (SIP, for its acronym in Spanish) of the Provincial Council of Valencia and its Prehistory Museum were created in 1927 as a scientific institution dedicated to preserve, research and promote the rich archaeological patrimony of Valencia. Since its inception, the SIP has been involved in intense archaeological fieldwork such as the Bastida de les Alcusses of Moixent, the Cova Negra of Xàtiva, the Cova del Parpalló of Gandia and the Tossal de Sant Miquel of Llíria. The materials obtained from these excavations soon formed a collection with a scientific and patrimonial value that turned it into one of the most important museums in Spain. The Prehistory Museum has been running for more than 80 years. It moved to the old charity centre in 1982, and the current exhibition rooms on prehistory, Iberian culture and the Roman world, as well as the library, opened to the public in 1995.